ADMISSION IN SATYAJIT RAY FILM & TELEVISION INSTITUTE (SRFTI)
ADMISSION IN SATYAJIT RAY FILM & TELEVISION INSTITUTE (SRFTI)
Programme: Admission to 3-year postgraduate programme in cinema (session 2013 – 2016)
- Direction & Screenplay Writing
- Sound Recording & Design
- Editing and Producing for Film & Television
Admission: Through All-India Admission Test
Applications mode: on-line through www.srfti.gov.in on and from 30th July 2013
Last date: 23rd August, 2013
ONLINE ADMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Candidates will have to apply for the entrance examination through the online application system of the Institute.
- The online application allows the candidate to provide all required information and also to upload scanned photograph and signature.
- The application fee has to be paid by the following ways before filling up the application form: Candidates will have to deposit the required amount at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) by using the printed Bank Challan, available in the website.
- Prospective candidates are advised to visit the website (www.srfti.gov.in) at regular intervals for updates.
Admission Document for the Written Examination Test
The admit card and government recognized photo ID card will be required to attend the written examination. Mobile phone, pager, digital diary, calculator or any other such item(s) that are barred for security reason or assessed by the centre supervisor as unacceptable, will not be allowed in the examination hall.
METHOD OF SELECTION:
A written examination of three hours duration will be scheduled from 10 am to 1 pm on 01/09/13. The paper for written examination will be divided in three sections. First section will be having 30 marks on mental aptitude, second section will be of 40 marks on creative aptitude and third section will consist of 30 marks on specific area aptitude (total 100 marks). Answers are required to be written in English only.
The Question Paper will be composed in six groups. Group ‘A’ on mental and creative aptitude will be mandatory for all the candidates and they have to choose one of the rest five groups (B, C, D, E, F) for specific area aptitude test. B, C, D, E and F groups are for Cinematography, Direction & SPW, Editing, Producing for Film & Television and Sound recording & Design respectively. There is no negative marking in the written examination.
The cut off marks in written examination for the candidates in general category is 35% and for the candidates in reserved category is 30%. Only maximum of first 30 candidates from each specialization will be called for interactive orientation course and interview.
A four-day interactive orientation course will be scheduled between 21st & 24th October ’13 for the department of Direction & SPW, Editing and producing and five-day interactive orientation course will be scheduled between 21st & 25th October ’13 for the department of Cinematography and Sound Recording & Design. The interactive Orientation Course will be followed by interview.
The weightage of marks to prepare the final merit list will be 20% of written examination, 55% of interactive O.C and 25% of interview. The full marks for each of the three sections will be 100.
Among successful candidates, if more than one candidate are found to have scored identical marks in merit list, the candidate who will have higher score in interactive O.C. will be given preference in the merit list.
Minimum qualification for admission in any of the five courses will be graduation in any discipline. The graduate candidates, who have the marks sheet of the final examination for bachelor degree in their hand by 14th August ’13, are eligible to apply. The candidates should have at least 40% marks either in Physics or in Mathematics (not in business mathematics/elective mathematics/statics etc.) at +2 level for applying in Sound Recording & Design course.
On line application form will be available from 30th July 2013
Last Date of application 23rd August 2013 (Up to 5 PM)
Last date of release of Admit Cards 27th August 2013
Written entrance Test 1st September 2013
Declaration of results of written examination 16th September 2013
OC and Interview 21st October to 29th October 2013
Declaration of Results 31st October 2013
Completion of admission of first list 11th November 2013
Publishing of Second list 12th November 2013
Completion of admission of second list 18th November 2013
Publishing of third list 19th November 2013
Completion of admission of third list 25th November 2013
LIST OF CENTERS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION WITH CENTER CODE:
Delhi 01, Mumbai 02, Kolkata 03, Chennai 04, Hyderabad 05, Bengaluru 06, Guwahati 07, Trivandrum 08, Bhopal 09, Lucknow 10, Patna 11.
Application fee: SBI ‘Bank Challan’, in favour of Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, Kolkata
Admission fee for the candidates other than S.C. & S.T. category and for candidates in S.C. & S.T. category may be Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 500/- respectively.
Each department will have 12 seats only (Six in general category, 2 in OBC non creamy layer category, 1 in SC category, 1 in ST category and 2 seats are reserved for students from foreign origin).
FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF INTERACTIVE ORIENTATION COURSE:
1. Admit card of the admission test.
2. Print copy of the application form.
3. All Original Mark-sheets.
4. Attested photocopies of all Mark-sheets and Admit Cards.
5. Three stamp-size (2X2.5 cm) colour photographs.
6. Parents’/guardian’s income certificate or any one of the followings
a. Copy of the Income Tax Return
b. Copy of Form 16
c. Copy of the Pay Slip/ Salary Certificate from the employer
d. Income Certificate from local MLA/Councilor
7. Photo ID card, which has the postal address, of the candidate (e.g. voter Id card, Driving address, aadhaar card, passport etc.).
8. Original Caste Certificate (For SC/ST candidates) and two attested photocopies thereof. OBC candidates will be required to produce original certificate along with two attested copies of category certificates, issued after January 2013 by a competent authority in the prescribed format. View or Download from OBC_NCL_certificate.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.